Frequently asked Questions about SD
Question: Do you provide Linked Open Data in RDF format?
Answer: Yes, we
- operate an OntoWiki based RDF Store,
- that can be queried by our SPARQL Endpoint,
- we provide (not necessarily up to date) consolidated RDF Data in Turtle format for download and
- operate also a github organizational account with several repos.
Question: RDF is about resource descriptions. What's about resources?
Answer: The SymbolicData RDF store links both to
- centrally stored resources in a flat XML syntax (in particular about Polynomial Systems, Free Algebras and G-Algebras) managed by the SymbolicData team itself,
- to foreign resources in different formats (part of the data collected within the polymake project) and
- started to collect resources also in non-XML formats used within the communities (data from the normaliz project).
Centrally maintained data is available for download not only from our web site but can also be cloned from our github data repo.
Question: How do you link resources and resource descriptions?
Answer: Through fingerprints, a concept explained in more detail in our paper in Computeralgebra-Rundbrief 55 (October 2014)
Question: How to set up a Local Sparql Endpoint?
Answer: Look at our wiki page LocalSparqlEndpoint.