People, Groups and Affiliations
See the files People.ttl in the repository.
- foaf: FOAF Vocabulary
People are modeled as foaf:Person. The naming scheme is <familyName_initials> (e.g. Mueller_JH) where name is the full surname, initials are the concatenated initials of the other name parts with a further letter to make the identifier unique, transformed to true ASCII strings.
- foaf:name Literal: Value is of the form "givenName familyName". Used as label.
- foaf:homepage URL: Homepage. This is a link to more information about the person in the Linked Data sense.
- sd:affiliation Literal. Value is of the form "Organization, Town, Country" or "Organization Town, Country".
- sd:country dbpedia country URI. Optional, deprecated
The instances of that class cover persons involved with Computeralgebra, in particular authors of papers listed in the SymbolicData Bibliography references system and program committee members of conferences. Note that the provided information is not necessarily up to date.
- 2014-07-13 HGG: foaf:affiliation and foaf:country were renamed to sd:.. since these keys are SD-specific so far. sd:country values were changed to dbpedia country URIs.
- 2014-06-01 HGG: Person/Dan-Cohen.. and Person/Lange-Hegermann.. changed to Person/DanCohen.. and Person/LangeHegermann..
- 2014-03-08 HGG: The field foaf:mbox was removed from the public repo due to privacy reasons.
We plan within the CASN extension to offer the people to maintain their own ProfileDocument either within the CA Semantic Network of at another Linked Data aware site of their own choice.
Contributions to SymbolicData are acknowledged within a knowledge base Contributions.ttl. People involved with SymbolicData have additionally the type sd:Contributor with predicates
- foaf:nick Literal: Nick name within SymbolicData
- sd:hasContributed Literal: Record about contributions to SymbolicData
- sd:lastModified xsd:date
- 2014-03-08 HGG: This information was separated to its own knowledge base.
Personal FOAF Profiles and Groups
This yet experimental material was moved to the CASN node of the German CA Fachgruppe. It contains (old) RDF data about German CA Working Groups and Projects within the SPP 1489. Both are displayed at the web site of the German CA Fachgruppe.
Moreover this CASN node contains FOAF Profiles with more detailed information about people involved at different time with the board of the Fachgruppe. Part of that information is used to display the Board of the German CA-Fachgruppe.
Predicates of foaf:Person
- foaf:name, foaf:mbox, foaf:phone, foaf:homepage, foaf:familyName, foaf:givenName from the FOAF Ontology
- foaf:image URI - a link to a picture of that person within the database of the CA-Fachgruppe
- foaf:member foaf:Group - indicates that the person belongs to different groups
CA Working Groups are modeled as org:Organization, larger organizational units are modeled as org:FormalOrganization. For the relations between them we use the predicate org:subOrganizationOf. We use predicates from the skos-Ontology as recommended by the org ontology standards.
- skos:prefLabel Literal: the preferred name of the Unit
- org:subOrganizationOf org:FormalOrganization
- org:hasMember foaf:Person from the People data base
- foaf:homepage URL
Part of the information about groups was extracted from the Web Site of the German CA-Fachgruppe that offered also keywords on the working topics. Those entries have additionally the predicates
- foaf:topic_interest Literal: Topics of interest (to be switched from Literals to URIs)
- sd:hasTag <http://symbolicdata.org/Data/Tag/CAFG-Listing>